Use the Components Palette to populate your forms with the Swing GUI components.
- Click the desired component in the Palette tool window.
- Move your pointer over the form workspace.
Valid drop location in a container highlights when the component placement pointer hovers above
the pointer changes its shape, and the
drop target is described briefly in a tooltip, as shown in the following figure:
- Click on the form workspace at the desired valid location to place the component.
- Check the option Is container, if you want the new component to be able to accommodate nested components.
- Check the option Create binding automatically, if you want to generate a field for the component in the bound class.
- Click OK.