Before you start
Make sure that the Plugin DevKit plugin is enabled.
Optionally, download the IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition sources. This will make debugging your plugins much easier.
Follow these general steps:
- Start IntelliJ IDEA.
- Configure IntelliJ IDEA Plugin SDK.
- Create a project for plugin development.
- Create the necessary source elements and write the source code.
- Run and debug your plugin.
- Prepare the plugin for publishing.
For more information on IntelliJ IDEA plugin development, refer to the Writing Plug-ins page.