After you enable Web development support in a module, IntelliJ IDEA sets up the basic module structure as follows:
- Creates a web folder with the index.jsp stub file. By default, the web folder will be the root of your application after deployment and the index.jsp file will be its home page.
- Creates a WEB-INFO subfolder that contains the web.xml descriptor with an Action servlet configured.
- Creates an src folder if you specified so when creating your project.
- Below the src folder, create the Java class files that implement the functionality of your application.
- Configure the static Web content resources that represent the user interface.
- Specify the general application settings.
- Configure the application elements.
- Specify the assembly descriptor references.