Refreshing a local Git repository with the changes from the remote repository (Pull) involves retrieving changes (Fetch) and applying them to the local data (Merge). The Git integration with IntelliJ IDEA provides interface for specifying the mandatory Pull settings and for customizing the Pull procedure.
- On the main menu, choose Pull Changes dialog box opens. . The
- Specify the required Git root and the URL address or alias of the source remote repository.
- From the Branches to Merge list, select the remote branches you want to merge to the current local branch.
- Specify the pull strategy and additional settings using the dialog box controls described in the Pull Changes dialog box reference.
- Updating Local Information
- Fetching Changes from a Remote Git Repository
- Merging, Deleting, and Comparing Branches
- Version Control with IntelliJ IDEA