You can reload classes changed during debugging without need to restart the entire application using the HotSwap mechanism.
At the moment due to original limitations of Java SDK the HotSwapping is possible ONLY if a method is altered. In all other cases (like changing method or class signature), the class reload is impossible and the corresponding error message appears.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- On the main menu, choose to recompile an altered class during debug.
- In the Reload Changed Classes dialog box, confirm reloading. Results are displayed in the Messages tool window.
- On the main menu, choose Debugger node. , and then expand the
- Open HotSwap page.
- Click one of the radio buttons in the group Reload classes after compilation. You can opt to always reload classes, reload after confirmation, or never do it.