IntelliJ IDEA provides various means to report problems and seek for assistance. In this section:
- Locating IntelliJ IDEA log
- Configuring IntelliJ IDEA log settings
- Sharing feedback
- Seeking assistance
On certain occasions, you will be required to attach the IntelliJ IDEA log to an email to the support service. You can easily locate the log file as described below.
- On the main menu, choose (Windows and Linux), or (OS X). The Explorer/Finder opens, with the log file selected.
To avoid editing the log.xml file itself, IntelliJ IDEA suggests a handy dialog box to change logging level for a category. This file resides under the bin directory of IntelliJ IDEA installation.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the dialog box that opens, type the log categories names, separated with new lines.
To share your feedback, do one of the following:
This form enables you to create a IntelliJ IDEA-specific YouTrack issue.
, which redirects you to the online feedback form.
- Use the Feedback page.
- Click the Comments link on each page of online version of the IntelliJ IDEA documentation. In the Comments area, vote for the page, and leave your comments.
To find assistance, do one of the following:
- Apply to the JetBrains Support
Write to the support service. Use the following addresses:
If necessary, attach the source code and IntelliJ IDEA log.
- Ask the IntelliJ IDEA Community .
- Click the Comments link available on each page of online version of the IntelliJ IDEA documentation. In the Comments area, ask questions.