Basically, the Android platform is intended for running applications on Android mobile phones. However, for a number of reasons you may find it helpful to at least debug applications using a virtual device emulation, which are supported by the Android SDK and are available via IntelliJ IDEA.
- Create an Android run/debug configuration.
- To use an emulation, choose the desired virtual device or create a new one.
- To use an Android mobile phone, attach it according to the model-specific instructions.
- Start running or debugging the desired activity.
- If a virtual device has been specified in the current configuration, continue running or debugging.
- If no emulation has been specified in the run/debug configuration, choose the target device manually.
- View and analyze Android system messages in the Logcat tab of the Android tool window.
- Creating an Android Run/Debug Configuration
- Managing Virtual Devices
- Choosing the Target Device Manually
- Run/Debug Configuration: Android Application
- Choose Device Dialog
- Select Android Virtual Device Dialog
- Create Android Virtual Device Dialog
- Android Reference