Use Logs tab in the Run/Debug Configuration dialog to configure the way log files, generated by an application or server, are displayed in the console.
If your application or server generates log files, the default entries will be automatically added to the log file list in the Run/Debug Configuration dialog.
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click Logs tab. The table Log Files To Be Shown In Console displays the list of log files (if any).
- Click Add button. Edit Log Files Aliases dialog is displayed.
- In the Alias field, type the alias name to show in the list of log entries. In the Log File Location field, type the fully qualified name of the log file, or specify its location by pressing the ellipsis button. Select whether you want to show all or last file coverable by pattern. Click OK to close the dialog.
- Activate the log entry. To do that, select the check box in the Is Active column.
- To skip the previous content, check the check box in the Skip Content column.
If you are using third-party logging tools, you might want to make the message's output, that mimics a standard linkage to the source code as for stacktrace line (at <fully-qualified-class-name>.<method-name>(<file-name>:<line-number>)). For that, you should add specific Conversion Pattern to your log.xml configuration file. For example, in a log4j Conversion Pattern this would be <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%-5p - [%-80m] - at %c.%M(%F:%L)%n"/>.