IntelliJ IDEA supports the Struts framework for creating Java EE and Web Applications.
Struts support is enabled through the dedicated Web and Struts facets. The dedicated facets that contain settings, configuration file paths, and validation rules determine the structure of the module so that IntelliJ IDEA detects how to treat the module contents.
- A Struts facet can be only created as a child of aWeb facet.
- Only one Struts facet is allowed per module.
IntelliJ IDEA provides the following support of the Struts framework:
- Automatic creation of the specific module structure and the Web application deployment descriptor web.xml based on the dedicated Web facet.
- Downloading and adding the necessary libraries automatically and creating the Struts application configuration file struts-config.xml based on the dedicated Struts facet.
- Coding assistance, including code completion, syntax and error highlighting, documentation lookup, and refactoring.
- Go to Symbol and support for Actions.
- Code inspections.
- Structure tool window with native Struts application structure navigation and Struts actions.
- A Struts Assistant tool window that provides facilities to manage Struts elements.
- Enable Struts support.
- Create and edit the Struts elements and their interaction.
- Create and edit tiles.
- Create and edit validators.
- Populate your application with the necessary classes.
- Deploy and run your application.