- ClearCase client is installed on your computer.
- IntelliJ IDEA comes bundled with ClearCase plugin. This plugin is turned on by default. If it is not, make sure that the plugin is enabled.
- ClearCase settings are defined in the ClearCase page of the Settings dialog.
- ClearCase integration is enabled for the current project root or directory.
- You can enable ClearCase integration for any directory. However, since it is not possible to configure a ClearCase view in IntelliJ IDEA, such directory should be already a ClearCase object, i.e. should exist within a ClearCase view.
- As of this writing, CCRC client is not supported.
- When the ClearCase integration with IntelliJ IDEA is enabled, the item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the Editor and Project views.
- The project artifacts are highlighted according to their status.
- Results of modifications show in the Changes tool window.
- When using the ClearCase integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window.
Its Console tab displays the following data:
- All the commands generated based on the settings you specify through the IntelliJ IDEA user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated ClearCase commands.
- Error messages.