With IntelliJ IDEA, you can examine the structure of a project in the terms of the Model-View-Controller pattern. This functionality is provided through in the dedicated Framework tool window and is currently available for the Symfony2 and Yii command line tools.
In this section:
The Command Line Tool Support and Framework MVC Structure Support
are installed and enabled.
These plugins are not bundled with IntelliJ IDEA, but they are available from the JetBrains plugin repository. Once enabled, the plugin is available at the IDE level, that is, you can use it in all your IntelliJ IDEA projects.
- The Symfony2 or Yii command line tool is downloaded.
- Integration with the tool is enabled on the Command Line Tool Support page of the Settings dialog box.
- A Symfony2 or a Yii specific project is available on your machine.
- Open the IntelliJ IDEA settings and click Framework Integration.
In the Framework Integration page, specify the command
line tool your project is based on and the location of the tool project.
IntelliJ IDEA checks the contents of the specified tool project directory and accepts the
appointed project root if it contains the following subfolders:
- For Symfony2: app, src, vendor, and web subfolders.
- For Yii: a protected subfolder.
After that, the Framework tool window is available through the menu.
- To open the required tool-specific project, choose or , and then select the project root folder in the dialog box that opens.
- In the Framework tool window that immediately opens automatically, examine the project in the terms of bundles, controllers, and other elements of the MVC pattern.