The TFS Integration plugin is enabled.
This plugin is bundled with IntelliJ IDEA and enabled by default. If not, enable the plugin. Once enabled, the plugin is available at the IDE level, that is, you can use it in all your IntelliJ IDEA projects.
- IntelliJ IDEA's TFS integration does not require a standalone TFS client. All you need is an account in your Team Foundation Server.
- TFS integration is enabled for the current project root or directory.
- When the TFS integration with IntelliJ IDEA is enabled, the item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the Editor and Project views.
- The project artifacts are highlighted according to their status.
- Results of modifications show in the Changes tool window.
- When using the TFS integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window.
Its Console tab displays the following data:
- All the commands generated based on the settings you specify through the IntelliJ IDEA user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated TFS commands.
- Error messages.
The information provided in the topics listed below assumes that you are familiar with the basics of TFS version control system.
In this section: