You can examine the structure of the file currently opened in the editor using the Structure tool window , or the Commander, or the Structure pop-up window.
By default, IntelliJ IDEA shows all the namespaces, classes, methods, and functions presented in the current file.
To have other members displayed, turn on the the corresponding options on the context menu of the title bar of the Structure window.
On this page:
- Viewing the structure of a file
- Displaying class fields
- Displaying inherited members
- Displaying included files
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Alt+7Alt+7Alt+7Alt+7Alt+7Alt+7 or Ctrl+Alt+SAlt+7Ctrl+7 or Alt+7Alt+7Command 7Command 7Command 7.
- Press Ctrl+F12Ctrl+F12Ctrl+0Ctrl+F12Ctrl+F12Ctrl+F12Ctrl+F12Ctrl+F12 or Ctrl+Shift+F12Ctrl+F3 or Ctrl+OCommand F12Command F12Command O.
- Open Java file structure in the Commander.
- Turn on the Show Inherited option on the context menu of the title bar.
By default, IntelliJ IDEA shows only methods, constants, and fields defined in the current class. If shown, inherited members are displayed gray.