IntelliJ IDEA 10.5: Full Java 7 Support and IDE Enhancements
Full Java 7 SupportComplete support for Java 7 SDK in all IDE features
Even FasterMore IDE performance and startup optimization
More Pleasant to UseUsability & UI improvements for certain common tasks
Pace with the TimesSomething new for Groovy, Android, Spring, Flex, and more
Java 7 Ready!
All the new Java language features are fully supported across the IDE, with code completion, inspections, quick-fixes, etc.
Faster and Easier Introduce Refactorings
Introduce Parameter/Field/Constant refactorings now work in-place, with an instant changes preview and no additional dialogs.
A more convenient, non-modal Replace UI introduced with an instant preview for regular expression replace.
Easier to Use Completion Techniques
Don't bother pressing Shift anymore: the improved code completion will understand you perfectly and quickly provide the matches you need.
Directory Comparison & DB Diff
New Diff Tools added for comparing local directories and database objects (Tables, Data Sources, Schemes).
More Comfort with Version Control
- TODO items verification on VCS commit.
- Import patches into IntelliJ IDEA shelf.
- Misc. improvements for all supported SCMs.
The latest versions of Android SDK are supported, including Honeycomb. Also, specific improvements for easier project configuration and debugging on a device.
Flex/ActionScript Support Ultimate only
- Move inner ActionScipt class to Package refactoring.
- Introduce variable/field refactorings improvements.
- Full cycle of Mobile AIR applications development support.
- Groovy 1.8 support.
- Introduce Field and Introduce Parameter refactorings.
- 'Create Test' intention action.
- Quick 'Go to Test' navigation.
Updated Ruby, Python, Scala and PHP Plugins
Updated versions of IDE plugins provide new advanced features for Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python/Django and Scala developers.
Spring Ultimate only
Ensured compatibility with the latest Spring 3.1 framework:
- "c-namespace" facility support.
- Environment profiles for application contexts.
- Spring Integration Framework support.
- And other improvements.
Spring Roo Console Ultimate only
Integrated Spring Roo console added to ease the development of Spring Roo applications.
New Tools and Frameworks Integrations
- Jetty integration Ultimate only
- XSLT2 support