Project settings are stored with each specific project; IDE settings are stored in the dedicated directories, depending on the platform. For example:
- <User home>\.<product name>\config that contains user-specific settings.
- <User home>\.<product name>\system that stores MPS data caches.
<User home> in WindowsXP, is C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\; in Windows Vista it is C:\Users\<User name>\
- ~/.<product name>/config that contains user-specific settings.
- ~/.<product name>/system that stores MPS data caches.
- Mac OS
- ~/Library/Application Support/.<product name> contains the catalog with plugins.
- ~/Library/Preferences/.<product name> contains the rest of the configuration settings.
- ~/Library/Caches/.<product name> contains data caches, logs, local history, etc. These files can be quite significant in size.
The config directory has several subfolders that contain xml files with your personal settings. You can easily share your preferred keymaps, color schemes, etc. by copying these files into the corresponding folders on another MPS installation. Prior to copying, make sure that MPS is not running, because it can erase the newly transferred files before shutting down.
The following is the list of some of the subfolders under the config folder, and the settings contained therein.
|Folder name||User Settings|
|codestyles||Contains code style schemes.|
|colors||Contains editor colors and fonts customization schemes.|
|filetypes||Contains user-defined file types.|
|inspection||Contains code inspection profiles.|
|keymaps||Contains IDE keyboard customizations.|
|options||Contains various options, for example, feature usage statistics and macros.|
|templates||Contains user-defined live templates.|
|tools||Contains configuration files for the user-defined external tools.|