Committing Changes to a Local Git Repository
To commit changes to a local repository
- Open the Changes tool window by pressing Alt+9 or choosing View | Tool Windows | Changes .
- Select the files or folders you want to commit.
- Open the Commit Changes dialog box by doing one of the following:
- On the Changes tool window toolbar, click the Commit Changes button .
- On the main menu, choose VCS | Commit Changes .
- On the main menu, choose VCS | Git | Commit File .
- Press Ctrl+K.
- In the Changed Files area, view the files changed since the last commit. Select the check boxes next to the files you want to commit now.
- In the Summary area, view statistics on changes made since the last commit.
- Add a comment and select the Before Commit options you want PhpStorm to perform on the files before committing them to the local repository.
- In the Git section, configure the following settings:
- Use the Author drop-down list to specify the person who created the changes to be committed.
- If you want to replace already published commit, select the check box Amend commit.
- Click Commit.
Last modified: 10 December 2014