In this section:
To configure actions, suspend policy and dependencies of a breakpoint
Do one of the following:
- Right-click a breakpoint in the left gutter, and then click the link More or press Ctrl+Shift+F8.
- Open the Breakpoints dialog box as described on page Accessing Breakpoint Properties and select the desired breakpoint in the list.
- In the Favorites tool window, select the desired breakpoint, and click .
Note that the pop-up window shows less options than the Breakpoints dialog box. To show hidden options, click More.
Define the actions to be performed by PhpStorm on hitting breakpoint:
To notify about the reaching of a breakpoint with a text message in the debugging console, select the
Log message to console check check box.
To evaluate an expression in the context of a breakpoint and display its value in the debugging console, check the option Log evaluated expression, and enter a valid expression in the option field.
This feature lets you obtain information about your running application without having to suspend its execution.
- To set a breakpoint the current one depends on, select it from the Depends on drop-down list.
- Enable suspending an application upon reaching a breakpoint by selecting the Suspend check box, and then select one of the option buttons to specify the way a running program will be paused. For more information on the Suspend options, refer to Breakpoints dialog reference.
- To notify about the reaching of a breakpoint with a text message in the debugging console, select the Log message to console check check box.