Configuring PHP Development Environment
PHP development requires the following software installed and configured:
A Web server and a PHP engine are mandatory.
The PHP 5.4 interpreter contains a built-in Web server. The server is by no means intended for production but for development and testing purposes only.
- A database server, if your application will use a database.
- A debugging tool, if you are going to debug your application.
- A command line tool, if you are going to run PHP commands from the command line.
To set up the PHP development environment
- Download, install, and configure the Web server, the PHP engine, and the MySQL server. Do one of the following:
- Optionally, perform these steps: