Creating and Saving Temporary Run/Debug Configurations
Sometimes you might need to run or debug a certain class or file , without creating a dedicated run configuration. In this case, PhpStorm provides a temporary run configuration.
Temporary run/debug configuration is added to the list of available configurations and works same way as the permanent run/debug configurations. You can change its settings using the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box and optionally save it as permanent.
Creating a run/debug configuration involves specifying the URL address of the Web page to open. For temporary configurations, PhpStorm assembles this URL address automatically. To have it done properly, you need to specify the project root folder URL on the PHP page of the Settings dialog box.
To create a temporary run configuration
- Select the desired PHP class or file in the Project tool window or open it in the editor.
- Do one pf the following:
- On the context menu, choose or .
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F10.
PhpStorm creates a temporary configuration, which appears in the Run/Debug Configuration selector, when the run or debug session is over.
To save a temporary configuration, do one of the following
- In the Run/Debug Configuration selector, choose .
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click the button.
- On the context menu of the editor or Project view, choose .