This section describes the procedures that are common for various types of applications.
For details on debugging applications in the supported frameworks, refer to Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines.
PhpStorm provides a full range of facilities for debugging your source code:
- Breakpoints in PHP.
- Customizable breakpoint properties: conditions, pass count, etc.
- Frames, variables, and watches views in the debugger UI.
- Runtime evaluation of expressions.
- Support for the Xdebug tool to debug PHP applications.
General debugging steps
- Configure the debugger options.
To debug CoffeeScript, TypeScript, and Dart code,
Source maps set the correspondence between lines in your original
- Define a run/debug configuration for the application to be debugged.
- Create breakpoints in the source code.
- Launch a debugging session.
- Pause or resume the debugging session as required.
- During the debugger session, step through the breakpoints, evaluate expressions, change values on-the-fly , examine suspended program, and set watches .
After you've started a debug session, the icon that marks the Debug tool window toggles to to indicate that the debug process is active.
If you want to see a list of all currently running applications, select Run | Show Running List from the main menu. A popup listing all active applications will be displayed in the top-right corner of the editor.