Finding Usages in Project
PhpStorm provides different search options depending whether you are searching for usages of a class, method, field, parameter, or throw statements, and extends search for usages to the files in supported languages. For example, in CSS, XML and HTML files you can search for the usages of styles, classes, tags and attributes.
In the PHP context, PhpStorm also applies the Find Usages functionality to implemented and overridden methods. For example:
- Create an interface with several methods.
- Create an abstract class that implements this interface.
- Create classes that extend the abstract class and implement the methods required by the interface.
- From the interface, invoke Find Usages for a method.
Explore search results in the Find tool window.
To find usages of a symbol in a project
- Select a symbol to find usages for. To do that, place the caret within the desired symbol in the editor, or click the symbol in the Project tool window. You can also select symbol in the
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose
- Choose on the context menu
- Press Alt+F7.
- In the Find tool window, explore search results. Use the button to represent search results in meaningful groups by type of usage.