Installing Components Separately
The installation procedure for PHP environment components may differ depending on the operating system used, follow the installation instructions provided.
In this section:
- Installing and configuring the components separately
- Checking the Web server installation
- Checking the PHP engine installation
To install and configure each component separately
To check the Web server installation
- To make sure that the Web server has been installed correctly, start the server, open your browser,
and type the following URL address:
The Test page for Apache installation should appear.
To check the PHP engine installation
Using a text processor of your choice, create a file
test.phpand type the following text:
<?php echo phpinfo(); ?>
- Save the file on the Web server, in the folder the PHP engine looks at.
Run the browser and enter the following URL address:
http://localhost:<port number>/test.php. The page that opens should show detailed information on the version of PHP engine used, the location of the configuration files, etc.