Integrating Changes to Branch
Subversion integration with PhpStorm enables you to integrate changes into a branch of your choice and commit the integration results to the repository.
To integrate changes from one branch to another
- In the Changes tool window, switch to the Repository tab.
- Right-click the desired change list and select Subversion | Integrate To Branch in the context menu:
- To integrate specific files from a changelist, select the file(s) in the Changed Files pane and select
Subversion | Integrate To Branch in the context menu.
If you are using SVN 1.5 or higher both on the server and in your local working copy, select the relevant changelist/file(s) in the Changelists or Changed Files pane and click on the toolbar.
- The Integrate to Branch dialog box opens displaying the URL addresses of the source and target branches and a list of available local working copies. In the Integrate into Working Copy list, select the path to the local working copy into which the changelist will be integrated.
- To add a path to the list, click the button.
- To remove a path from the list, click the button.
- To preview the merge result by enabling the
--dry-runswitch of the
svncommand, select the Try merge, but make no changes check box.
If this check box is not selected, the sources are merged silently.
- To view all the files with local modifications after update, select the Run status after update check box.
Technically, this means that the SVN
statuscommand will be applied after commit.
- Click OK. The Commit Changes dialog box opens.
- View the summary, specify the necessary option, and run commit.
- To view the integration results, open the Version Control tool window by choosing View | Tool Windows | Version Control .
This information is available if you specified the Run status after update option in the Integrate to Branch dialog box.