Markup Languages and Style Sheets
PhpStorm supports editing of files in the following markup and template languages:
- Sass, SCSS
- Less up to version 1.4
- Handlebars expressions and Mustache templates
The markup languages and style sheets are integrated into PhpStorm and can use the most powerful editing features:
- Validation and syntax highlighting.
- Code completion (Ctrl+Space).
- Indentation (Ctrl+Alt+I, Ctrl+Alt+L).
- Formatting (Ctrl+Alt+L) according to the code style.
- Intention actions (Alt+Enter).
- Viewing code structure (Alt+7).
- Navigation in the source code (Ctrl+B).
- Integrated documentation (Ctrl+Q).
- Search for usages (Alt+F7).
- Commenting and uncommenting lines (Ctrl+Slash, Ctrl+Shift+Slash).
- Unwrapping and removing tags (Ctrl+Shift+Delete).
All these features work if PhpStorm successfully locates the DTD or schema file. In this case, all the files are validated against the DTD or schema, and the editing conveniences become available. Without a DTD or schema, only the well-formedness check is possible.
These features for web contents work same way as for the other source files. Refer to the respective topics of the Advanced Editing Features part for the detailed descriptions of procedures, and to Keyboard shortcuts.
PhpStorm parses Web contents files according to the following specifications:
- HTML: specification is configurable in the Default HTML language level in the Schemas and DTDs page of the Settings dialog. By default, specification HTML 4.01 from W3C is assumed.
CSS: specification CSS 2.1. The most common selectors are supported: universal
*, type selectors
.a, descendant selectors
.a.b, child selectors
.a .b, ID selectors
#b, pseudo-classes and class selectors
- PhpStorm uses Xerces 2.6, an XML parser developed by Apache Software Foundation Group.
In this part you will find information that is specific for the web content files only:
- Minifying CSS
- Generating DTD
- Generating XML Schema from Instance Document
- Generating Instance Document from XML Schema
- Referencing DTD or Schema
- Validating Web Content Files
- Viewing Styles Applied to a Tag
- Viewing Images
- Changing Color Values in Style Sheets
- Emmet (Zen Coding) Support
- Transpiling SASS, LESS, and SCSS to CSS
- Transpiling Stylus to CSS
- Working with SASS and SCSS in Compass Projects
- Using Handlebars and Mustache Templates