Navigating Between Editor Tabs
In this section:
- Navigating between editor tabs
- Navigating though the previously visited tabs
- Viewing all opened editor tabs and choosing the active editor
To navigate from the current tab to the next or previous tab
- Right-click the current editor tab and choose Select Next/Previous Tab on the context menu.
- Press Alt+Right or Alt+Left. So doing, the focus moves to the editor tab located next to the right or to the left from the active editor tab.
- Press Ctrl+Tab to use the Switcher.
To go back and forth through the history of visited tabs
- On the main toolbar, click or .
- On the main menu, choose Navigate | Back / Forward .
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Left or Ctrl+Alt+Right.
To view all editor tabs and select the active editor
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose Window | Editor Tabs | Show All Tabs
The list of all the tabs that are opened but invisible appears. So doing the names of the tabs, which are currently visible, are displayed on the light background; the names of the tabs outside of the main window are shown on the darker background.
- Click the name of the desired editor tab:
The selected editor tab becomes active and gets the focus.
The command Show All Tabs and the icon are only available when:
- The Show tabs in single row check box is selected in the Editor tabs page of the Editor settings.
- Some of the opened tabs are not visible because they do not fit in the editor window.