Navigating Through the Hierarchy of Methods
PhpStorm provides an easy way to navigate up and down through the hierarchy of methods. If a method is overridden by a certain method, or overrides some method itself, it is marked with an icon in the gutter area of the editor. When the mouse cursor hovers over such icon, the method information is displayed as the tooltip:
In the PHP context, PhpStorm also indicates class fields that override the corresponding fields of the superclass and the fields that are overridden in the subclasses.
- : This method or field overrides a method defined by its superclass.
- : This method or field is implemented / overridden by one or more subclasses.
Use these icons, shortcuts, or menu commands to navigate to the corresponding points of origin.
To navigate up and down through the method hierarchy, do one of the following:
- Click the gutter icon and select the desired ascendant or descendant class from the list.
- On the main Navigate menu, choose Super Method , or Implementation(s) respectively .
- Press Ctrl+U or Ctrl+Alt+B for the super method or implementation respectively .