This part describes some procedures that are specific for developing PHP applications and some preliminary steps that are required to configure PHP development environment.
To develop an application using PHP
Follow these general steps:
- Configure the PHP development environment.
- Enable PHP support in PhpStorm.
- Set up a project. You can do it in two ways:
- Create and configure the required data sources (see Managing Data Sources).
- Populate the application using provided coding assistance.
- Deploy the application.
Run the application. You can do it in several ways:
- From PhpStorm using a run configuration of the type PHP Web Application to view application output in a browser.
- From PhpStorm using a PHP Console run configuration to view the application output in the Run tool window.
- From PhpStorm, using a built-in Web server. This approach saves your time and effort because you do not need to deploy the application sources.
The following optional steps may be helpful:
- Set up unit testing in your project.
- Install and configure a debugging engine and specify the debugger options.
- Debug the application.
- Enable and use integration with PHP-specific command line tools.