This part describes some procedures that are specific for developing PHP applications and some preliminary steps that are required to configure PHP development environment.
To develop an application using PHP
- Configure the PHP development environment.
- Enable PHP support in PhpStorm.
- Set up a project. You can do it in two ways:
- Create and configure the required data sources.
- Populate the application using provided coding assistance.
- Deploy the application.
Run the application. You can do it in several ways:
- From PhpStorm using a run configuration of the type PHP Web Application to view application output in a browser.
- From PhpStorm using a PHP Console run configuration to view the application output in the Run tool window.
- From PhpStorm, using a built-in Web server. This approach saves your time and effort because you do not need to deploy the application sources.
The following optional steps may be helpful:
- Set up unit testing in your project.
- Install and configure a debugging engine and specify the debugger options.
- Debug the application.
- Enable and use integration with PHP-specific command line tools.