PhpStorm Viewing Modes
In this section:
PhpStorm provides two special view modes:
- Full Screen mode allows you to use the entire screen for coding. This removes all menus from view, as well as the operation system controls. However, you can use context menus and keyboard shortcuts. The main menu is also available when you hover the mouse pointer over the top of the screen.
- Presentation mode - this mode is similar to the Full Screen mode, but it is designed for making presentations that involve coding with PhpStorm. In this mode, PhpStorm increases the font size and hides everything except the editor. If necessary, tool windows can be also displayed in this view using the corresponding items in the View | Tool Windows menu.
Toggling full screen mode
Besides manipulating the tool windows (show/hide or resize them), PhpStorm makes it possible to maximize the entire product window, hiding the main menu.
To enter full screen mode
- On the main menu, choose View | Enter Full Screen .
To exit full screen mode
- Hover your mouse pointer over the top-most line to reveal the main menu.
- On the main menu, choose View | Exit Full Screen .
Toggling presentation mode
In the presentation mode, the editor occupies the entire screen, while all the other PhpStorm components are hidden.
Besides that, the font size in this mode is larger than usual. You can define font size for the presentation mode in the Appearance page of the Settings dialog.
To enter presentation mode
- On the main menu, choose View | Enter Presentation Mode .
To exit presentation mode
- Hover your mouse pointer over the top-most line of the editor to reveal the main menu.
- On the main menu, choose View | Exit Presentation Mode .