Rename refactorings allow you to rename symbols , automatically correcting all references in the code.
The following rename refactorings are available in PhpStorm:
Rename Class. The following usages are renamed:
- Import statements
- Qualified names of classes
Rename Method. The following usages are renamed:
- All calls of the method.
- All overridden/implemented methods in subclasses.
- Rename Field.
- Rename Function.
- Rename Variable.
Rename Parameter. The following usages are renamed:
- All usages of the parameter.
- The corresponding
paramtag in documentation comment.
- Rename CSS color value.
- Rename File.
- Rename Directory.
To rename a symbol, follow these general steps
- Select the item to be renamed.
- To select a file, click the desired file in the Project tool window.
- To select a symbol in the editor, place the caret at the name of the symbol to be renamed.
- To select a symbol in the Project tool window, make sure that the members are shown, and then click the desired symbol.
- To select a symbol in the Structure view, click the desired symbol in the Structure tool window.
- Choose Refactor | Rename on the main menu or on the context menu of the selection or press Shift+F6.
- The subsequent behavior depends on the check box
Enable in-place mode
Settings | Editor
- If this check box is selected, the suggested name appears right below the symbol in question. You can either accept suggestion, or type a new name. However, if you press Shift+F6 once more, PhpStorm will display the Rename dialog box with more options.
- If this check box is not selected, the Rename dialog box opens immediately.
The set of controls and their names depend on the type of the symbol to be renamed.
- Preview and apply changes.