By default, PhpStorm analyses the code in all open files and highlights the detected code issues. You can fix most of the issues immediately by applying quick-fixes.
perform code analysis
execute a single inspection
in a larger scope of source files,
PhpStorm displays the detected code issues in the
When you select a specific issue in this window, its report is shown in the right part of the window. If there are available fixes to the issue, PhpStorm notifies it in the following ways:
- The Apply a Quickfix button becomes available on the Inspection's window toolbar.
- The available fixes are shown in the optional Problem resolution field of the report.
- The available fixes are shown in the context menu of the issue.
Please note the following:
- To display the source code of an issue in the editor, when it is selected in the Inspections tool window, toggle the Autoscroll to Source button.
- If you find that some of the reported issues are minor or not helpful to you, you can ignore them either by disabling the corresponding inspection or by suppressing it in a specific piece of code.
To fix a problem reported by code inspection
In the Inspections tool window, select the code issue you are interested in and do one of the following: