System Requirements and Installation
In this section:
- Intel Pentium III/800 MHz or higher (or compatible)
- 1 MB RAM minimum, 2 GB RAM recommended
- 1024x768 minimum screen resolution
- Download PhpStorm from the
- Run the
PhpStorm-*.exe file that starts the Installation Wizard.
- Follow all steps suggested by the wizard. Pay special attention to the corresponding installation options.
- Download the
PhpStorm-*.dmg OS X Disk Image file from the
- Double-click the downloaded
PhpStorm-*.dmg OS X Disk Image file to mount it.
- Copy PhpStorm to your Applications folder.
PhpStorm-*.tar.gz file from the
PhpStorm-*.tar.gz file to an empty directory using the following command:
tar xfz PhpStorm-*.tar.gz
Because running PhpStorm from wherever you downloaded the file to may be inconvenient, it
is recommended that you move the extracted or unpacked archive folder to the desired
location using the
mv command in one of the following formats:
mv <path to extracted archive folder> <new archive folder>
mv /downloads/PhpStorm-* my/desired/location
mv <path to PhpStorm-*.tar.gz> <new archive folder>
mv /downloads/PhpStorm-*.tar.gz my/desired/location
Switch to the
bin directory in the new location:
cd <new archive folder>/PhpStorm-*/bin
PhpStorm.sh from the
- Install Oracle (Sun) JDK 1.6 or higher if your distribution does not contain it.
Follow the provider's instructions at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
OpenJDK is not supported.
Do one of the following:
Last modified: 23 November 2015