Viewing PHPDoc Comments
Quick Documentation Lookup helps you get quick information for any symbol, provided that this symbol has been supplied with Documentation comments in the applicable format. PhpStorm recognizes inline documentation created in accordance with the PHP Documentation format.
In this section:
- Viewing quick documentation.
- Changing font size in the quick documentation window.
- Toolbar of the quick documentation window.
To view documentation for a symbol at caret, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose View | Quick Documentation Lookup .
- Press Ctrl+Q.
- Provided that the check box Show quick doc on mouse move in the editor settings is selected, just move your mouse pointer over the desired symbol.
To change the font size of quick documentation, do one of the following
- Click in the upper-right corner of the quick documentation window, and move the slider.
- Rotate the mouse wheel while keeping the Ctrl key pressed.
Quick documentation lookup window
Toolbar of the Quick Documentation Lookup
The Quick Documentation Lookup window helps navigate to the related symbols via hyperlinks, and provides a toolbar for moving back and forth through the already navigated pages, change font size, and viewing documentation in an external browser.
When pinned, the Quick Documentation Lookup turns into Documentation Tool Window, with the corresponding sidebar icon, and more controls.
|Shift+Alt+Left or Shift+Alt+Right||Navigate to the previous or next screen after using hyperlinks in the definition.|
|Shift+F1||View external documentation in the default browser.|
|F4||Click this icon to view and edit the documentation sources.|
|Select this icon to update documentation from the sources automatically.|
|Ctrl+Q||Click this icon to restore the documentation source pop-up window to the previous size.|
|Click this icon to show font size slider. Move the slider to increase or decrease the font size in the quick documentation window as required.|