Viewing Structure of a Source File
You can examine the structure of the file currently opened in the editor using the Structure tool window or the Structure pop-up window.
By default, PhpStorm shows all the namespaces, classes, methods, and functions presented in the current file.
To have other members displayed, turn on the the corresponding options on the context menu of the title bar of the Structure window.
You can also have class members shown in the Project tool window.
On this page:
- Viewing the structure of a file
- Displaying class fields
- Displaying constants
- Displaying inherited members
- Displaying included files
- Displaying class members in the Project tool window
To view the file structure, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose View | Tool Windows | Structure .
- Press Alt+7.
- Press Ctrl+F12.
To have class fields displayed
- Turn on the Show Fields option on the context menu of the title bar.
To have constants displayed
- Turn on the Show Constants option on the context menu of the title bar.
To have inherited members displayed
- Click Show Inherited option on the context menu of the title bar.
To have included files displayed
- Turn on Show Includes option on the context menu of the title bar.
To have class members shown in the Project tool window
- Turn on the Show members item on the context menu of the Project tool window title bar. If this option is on, the files in the tree that contain classes turn into nodes. When such node is unfolded, the contained classes with their fields, methods, functions and other members of the selected item are shown.