- Enable control over the debugger from the browser.
- Generate bookmarklets to toggle the debugger through.
- Open the starting page of your application in the browser.
- To activate Zend Debugger from the browser, choose the Zend Start Profilerbookmark.
- Refresh the page.
- Return to PhpStorm.
In the dialog box, that opens, select the incoming connection to profile and click Accept.
The Incoming Connection from Zend Debugger dialog box appears only once, when you accept connection from this host for the first time.
PhpStorm presents the collected profiling data in a separate editor tab with the name of the selected profiler output file.
When you request on the accumulated profiling data, PhpStorm opens its visualized presentation in a separate editor tab. The tab is named after the file that implements the page you are currently profiling and consists of several views. Switch between the views to analyze the profiling data based on various criteria of analysis.
- In the Execution Statistics view, examine the summary information about execution metrics of every called function.
- In the Call Tree view, explore the execution paths of all called functions.
- To explore the execution paths of a specific function, select the function in question in the Call Tree view and view its callees in the Callees view.
- To explore all the paths that can result in calling a specific function, select the function in question in the Call Tree view and examine its possible callers in the Callers view.