PhpStorm provides facilities for building the following hierarchies:
- Type hierarchies that show parent and children classes of a class.
Method hierarchies that show classes where a method:
- Is defined.
- Is not defined.
- Should be defined if the class is not abstract.
- Call hierarchies that show callers (supertypes) or callees (subtypes) of a method.
When built, a hierarchy can be immediately viewed and examined in the Hierarchy tool window. By default, every new built hierarchy overwrites the contents of the current tab. You can retain the current tab and have the next hierarchy built in a new one.
- Select the desired class in the Project tool window or open it in the editor.
- On the main menu, choose Ctrl+HCtrl+HCtrl+HCtrl+HCtrl+HAlt+HShift+Alt+F12F4Control HControl HF4. or just press
- Open the file in the editor and place the caret at the declaration of the desired method. Alternatively, select the desired method in the Project view.
- On the main menu, choose Ctrl+Shift+HCtrl+Shift+HCtrl+Shift+HCtrl+Shift+HCtrl+Shift+HCtrl+Shift+HCtrl+Shift+HCtrl+Shift+HShift Command HShift Command HShift Command H. or press
- Open the file in the editor and place the caret at the declaration or usage of the desired method. Alternatively, select the desired method in the Project view.
- On the main menu, choose Ctrl+Alt+HCtrl+Alt+HCtrl+Alt+HCtrl+Alt+HCtrl+Alt+HCtrl+Alt+HCtrl+Alt+HCtrl+Alt+HControl Alt HControl Alt HControl Alt H. or press
- In the Hierarchy tool window, click the Pin Tab button on the toolbar.