PhpStorm provides CoffeeScript support. PhpStorm recognizes *.coffee files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side. CoffeeScript files are marked with icon.
In this section:
- CoffeeScript Support
- Running CoffeeScript
- Debugging CoffeeScript
Make sure the CoffeeScript and Node.js plugins are installed and enabled.
These plugins are not bundled with PhpStorm, but they are available from the PhpStorm plugin repository. Once enabled, the plugins are available at the IDE level, that is, you can use them in all your PhpStorm projects. See Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins for details.
- Download and install the Node.js framework.
Configure the Node.js interpreter in PhpStorm:
- Choose Settings dialog box that opens, click Node.js and NPM. and in the
- On the Node.js page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- Generating code stubs based on file templates during file creation.
- Ability to create line and block comments (CommentByLineCommentCtrl+Slash or Ctrl+NumPad /Ctrl+Slash or Ctrl+NumPad /Ctrl+Slash or Ctrl+NumPad /Alt+SemicolonCtrl+Slash, Ctrl+NumPad / or Ctrl+ColonCtrl+Slash, Ctrl+NumPad / or Ctrl+Shift+CCtrl+Slash or Ctrl+NumPad /Command Slash or Command NumPad /Command Slash or Command NumPad /Command Slash or Command NumPad //CommentByBlockCommentCtrl+Shift+Slash or Ctrl+Shift+NumPad /Ctrl+Shift+Slash or Ctrl+Shift+NumPad /Ctrl+Shift+Slash or Ctrl+Shift+NumPad /Ctrl+Shift+Slash or Ctrl+Shift+NumPad /Ctrl+Shift+Slash, Ctrl+Shift+NumPad / or Ctrl+Shift+ColonCtrl+Shift+Slash or Ctrl+Shift+NumPad /Ctrl+Shift+SlashAlt Command Slash, Alt Command NumPad /, Control Shift Slash, Control Shift NumPad /, Shift Command Slash or Shift Command NumPad /Alt Command Slash, Alt Command NumPad /, Control Shift Slash, Control Shift NumPad /, Shift Command Slash or Shift Command NumPad /Control Shift Slash).
Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- GotoDeclarationCtrl+B, Ctrl+Button1 Click or Button2 ClickCtrl+B, Ctrl+Button1 Click or Button2 ClickCtrl+B, Ctrl+Button1 Click or Button2 ClickCtrl+Alt+G, Escape, Period, Alt+Period or Ctrl+Button1 ClickF12, Shift+F2, Ctrl+B, Ctrl+Button1 Click or Button2 ClickCtrl+B, Ctrl+Button1 Click or Button2 ClickF3 or Ctrl+Button1 ClickCommand B, Command Button1 Click or Button2 ClickCommand B, Command Button1 Click or Button2 ClickF3 or Control Button1 Click). (
- GotoImplementationCtrl+Alt+B or Ctrl+Alt+Button1 ClickCtrl+Alt+B or Ctrl+Alt+Button1 ClickCtrl+Alt+B or Ctrl+Alt+Button1 ClickGotoImplementationCtrl+Alt+B or Ctrl+Alt+Button1 ClickCtrl+Alt+B or Ctrl+Alt+Button1 ClickCtrl+T or Ctrl+Alt+BAlt Command B or Alt Command Button1 ClickAlt Command B or Alt Command Button1 ClickAlt Command B or Alt Command Button1 Click) from overridden method / subclassed class. (
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: