Project settings refer to a set of preferences related to resources, file colors, version control options, code styles, etc. Project settings are stored with each specific project as a set of xml files under the .idea folder.
You can configure project settings on the two possible levels:
- The level of a template project. The settings defined for a template project, apply to any project you create.
- The project level. The settings defined on this level apply to the current project only.
In this part:
- Accessing Settings
- Configuring Individual File Encoding
- Configuring Line Separators
- Configuring Encoding for Properties Files
- Configuring Code Style
- Copying Code Style Settings
- Configuring Scopes and File Colors
- Accessing Default Project Settings and Structure
- Specifying Template Data Languages for Templates
Find descriptions of the other specific configuration procedures in the relevant procedural parts.