The search command HighlightUsagesInFileCtrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+7Ctrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+F7Shift+Alt+O or Ctrl+Shift+F7Shift Command F7Shift Command F7Shift Command F7) makes it possible to visualize usages of a symbol in the current file. All found usages of a symbol in the current file are highlighted and color-coded, as defined in the Colors and Fonts settings page, to represent read or write access to the symbol. In addition to the highlights of occurrences in text, the stripes of the same colors appear in the marker bar, accompanied with tooltips.(
The behavior of usage highlighting is configurable: you can make PhpStorm show usages of a symbol at caret automatically, or invoke it with a command.
This section describes how to:
- Place the caret at the selected symbol in the editor. If automatic usages highlighting is enabled, see all its occurrences in the current file highlighted. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- On the main menu, choose HighlightUsagesInFileCtrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+7Ctrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+F7Ctrl+Shift+F7Shift+Alt+O or Ctrl+Shift+F7Shift Command F7Shift Command F7Shift Command F7. , or press
- Click on a stripe in the marker bar to navigate to the respective usage location.
- Use FindNextF3 or Ctrl+LF3 or Ctrl+LF3 or Ctrl+LF3 or Alt+SF3F3 or Ctrl+LCtrl+KCommand GCommand GCommand K and FindPreviousShift+F3 or Ctrl+Shift+LShift+F3 or Ctrl+Shift+LShift+F3 or Ctrl+Shift+LShift+F3, Alt+R or Ctrl+RShift+F3Shift+F3 or Ctrl+Shift+LCtrl+Shift+KShift Command GShift Command GShift Command K keyboard shortcuts, to navigate to the next and previous usages respectively.
- Press EditorEscapeEscapeEscapeEscapeEscape, Escape or Ctrl+GEscapeEscapeEscapeEscapeEscapeEscape.