- Download and install the desired AMP package.
- Use the AMP control pane to start the components.
If the server does not start, most likely a port conflict takes place. By default, the Apache HTTP server listens to port 80. This port can be already used by other services, for example, Skype. To solve the issue, update the server configuration file as follows:
- Locate the line Listen 80 and change it to, e.g., Listen 8080.
- Locate the line ServerName localhost:80 and change it accordingly, in this example to ServerName localhost:8080.
Save the configuration file and restart the Web server.
- To check your installation, open your browser and type the following URL address: http://localhost:<port number>. The AMP welcome page appears.