- On the main menu, choose
, , or
respectively, or use the following shortcuts:
- Class: Ctrl+NCtrl+N
- File: Ctrl+Shift+NCtrl+Shift+N
- Symbol: Ctrl+Shift+Alt+NCtrl+Shift+Alt+N
- In the pop-up window, start typing the desired name.
So doing, you can enter characters located anywhere inside the desired name. As you type, the suggestion list shrinks, displaying the matching names only.
You can narrow down the search scope by selecting the file types to search in. Just click the filter button , and clear the check boxes next to the files types you are not interested in.
- Double-click the desired entry in the suggestion list, or select it using the arrow keys, and press EnterEnter.
While working in the navigation pop-up window, use the following helpful techniques:
- Include non-project files in the look-up list and thus make available matching files from SDKs and libraries.
- If the look-up list is too long, type more characters to shrink it, or click the ellipsis sign at the end of the list, to reveal its next portion.
- Type the initial letters of the CamelHumps names, for example:
Note that PhpStorm automatically recognizes CamelHumps and matches them to the lower case letters.
- Type any letters separated with spaces for snake_case names, for example:
- In the navigation to file pop-up window, type letters delimited with slashes to denote nested directories:
- Type line number after a file name, delimited with a colon, to navigate to the specified line:
- You can use * wildcard to represent any number of characters, though the it is quite enough to enter characters located in the middle of the desired name.
- If while typing in one of the Navigate to Class/File/Symbol pop-up windows you notice that you need another one, just invoke the necessary dialog box. The text you have already entered will not disappear.
- Press Alt+F1Alt+F1 to invoke the Select Target pop-up window, and choose the desired IDE component.
- Note that for the projects under version control, the entries in the look-up list are color coded according to their status:
- When there is a detached editor frame with a certain file, you can opt to open this file in the main PhpStorm frame by pressing EnterEnter, or activate the detached frame by pressing Shift+EnterShift+Enter.