In this section:
PhpStorm distinguishes among tracker tasks and local tasks. A tracker task is an issue in your tracker system until it is opened in PhpStorm whereupon it becomes local task. In addition to this, any activity in PhpStorm can be configured as a local task, in terms of product, this action is referred to as task creation.
When you open a tracker task (an issue in your tracking system) for the first time, a corresponding local task is created.
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press tasks.gotoShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift Alt NShift Alt NAlt Command F12
- Click the tasks combo on the main toolbar.
- In the Time Tracking Tool Window, click .
To have the possibility to open already closed tasks, select the Include closed tasks check box.
A closed task is one of the following:
- A tracker task with the status closed in the issue tracker.
- A local task that is not associated with a changelist provided that the entire project or the affected directory is under version control (see Associating a Project Root with Version Control System and Associating a Directory with a Specific Version Control System).
- In the Enter task name pop-up window, choose Create New Task, or just
type the task name.
- If you choose Create new task <description>, a new local task with the specified description will be created. In this case, the IDE will switch to this new task.
- If you select a task from an issue tracker, then the Open Task dialog box opens, where you can specify whether you want PhpStorm to clear the current context, create a changelist for the new task, and change the issue status in the tracking system, by selecting the corresponding check boxes.
Tips and tricks
- To show task description right in the suggestion list, press QuickJavaDocCtrl+Q or Alt+Button2 ClickCtrl+Q or Alt+Button2 ClickCtrl+Q or Alt+Button2 ClickCtrl+Q or Alt+Button2 ClickCtrl+QCtrl+Q or Alt+Button2 ClickAlt+Button2 Click, Ctrl+Shift+Space or F2F1, Control J or Control Button2 ClickF1, Control J or Control Button2 ClickAlt Button2 Click or F2.
- To configure access to your issue tracking system, click , and specify your account settings in the Servers dialog box that opens.
- To include closed tasks in the suggestion list, press tasks.gotoShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift+Alt+NShift Alt NShift Alt NAlt Command F12 once more, or select the corresponding check box.