In addition to support for general and individual VCS commands,
PhpStorm provides several unique features
that simplify and speed up the work with any version control system.
- For the projects with VCS support enabled, the standard VCS actions
(commit, update, revert, show differences and show history) are added to the main toolbar.
- Commit and update an entire project.
- Uniform interface for configuring common version control system settings.
- Changelists support for all integrated version control systems.
- Next, Previous, Rollback,
Show Difference actions are available from the dedicated gutter bar in changed locations.
- View revision history for file/directory.
- Automatic checkout of all affected files when refactoring.
- Advanced Version Control tool window, with multiple dedicated tabs: History, Status, Update Info, etc.
Mind the difference in terminology in the different version control systems. For example,
to denote the check-in functionality,
uses the term
uses submit, etc.