- The Command Line Tool Support and Framework MVC Structure Support plugins are enabled. The plugins are bundled with PhpStorm and are activated by default. If they are not, enable the plugins.
- The Symfony2 or Yii command line tool is downloaded.
- Integration with the tool is enabled on the Command Line Tool Support page of the Settings dialog box.
- A Symfony2 or a Yii specific project is available on your machine.
- Open the PhpStorm settings and click Framework Integration.
In the Framework Integration page, specify the command line tool your project is based on and the location of the tool project.
PhpStorm checks the contents of the specified tool project directory and accepts the appointed project root if it contains the following subfolders:
- For Symfony2: app, src, vendor, and web subfolders.
- For Yii: a protected subfolder.
After that, the Framework tool window is available through the menu.
- To open the required tool-specific project, choose or , and then select the project root folder in the dialog box that opens.
- In the Framework tool window that immediately opens automatically, examine the project in the terms of bundles, controllers, and other elements of the MVC pattern.