- Getting Started
- The parts Guided Tour around the PhpStorm User Interface and Tool Windows contain essential information about the user interface.
- The part Familiarize Yourself with PhpStorm Editor helps you master the PhpStorm editor, and describes the basic and advanced editing procedures.
- Besides that, you can find information on PhpStorm registration, most essential keyboard shortcuts, navigation facilities, and more.
- Basic concepts
- The Basic concepts part contains information about the notions that underlie the PhpStorm functionality.
- Product Usage Guidelines
- The PhpStorm Usage Guidelines part provides descriptions of the actions required to fulfil certain common tasks with PhpStorm. Note that the part page contains an alphabetical index of all the available task descriptions.
- Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines
- The Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines part provides important prerequisites, enabling procedures, meta procedures of working with the various frameworks, and gives some details for performing specific tasks.
- In the Reference part you can find descriptions of the tool windows, dialog controls, lists of the keyboard shortcuts, information related to specific version control systems etc.
The online help enables you to print out pages, find pieces of information, using the Search pane, browse the documentation with the table of contents, rate topics, ask question and express your opinion. It consists of three panes:
- Contents pane
This pane shows the table of contents.
- Use this pane to browse through the topics.
- Click the chevron buttons and to show or hide this pane.
- If for some reason your browser fails to show actual table of contents, click the Refresh Tree button on top of the pane.
- Topic pane
- This pane shows topics, selected in the table of contents.
- The Previous and Next links help navigate across the topics of the same level.
- The link See also is enabled, when the corresponding section is not empty.
- The link Comments brings you to the Comments section, where you can view the existing comments and add you own ones.
- In the Shortcuts drop-down list, choose the platform you want to view keyboard shortcuts in (Windows/Linux, or MacOS).
- Search pane
- This pane is hidden by default. Click the chevron buttons and to show or hide this pane.
- Open the desired page of the online documentation.
- Click the link Get printable .
The Search pane is hidden by default, for the sake of providing more space. To perform search, you have click the chevron button at the right edge of your browser, to reveal the Search pane.
- In the Search field, type your query.
- Press EnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnter.
- Click the desired entry in the search results pane. The corresponding page will open in the central pane, and will be highlighted in the Table of Contents pane.