On this page:
- Showing the Hierarchy tool window
- Navigating between the tabs of the Hierarchy tool window
- Toggling between views
The Hierarchy tool window is not shown when there are no hierarchies to display. You have to build hierarchies first.
Refer to the section Building Hierarchies to learn how to build hierarchies.
- On the main menu, choose .
- Use Alt+8Alt+8Alt+8Alt+8Alt+8Alt+8Alt+8Alt+8Command 8Command 8Command 8 keyboard shortcut.
- Right-click the currently displayed tab, and choose / on the context menu.
- Use the Alt+RightAlt+RightAlt+RightAlt+RightAlt+Right, Ctrl+X, N or Ctrl+X, OAlt+RightCtrl+Page DownCtrl+F6, Ctrl+Alt+Left or Ctrl+Page DownShift Command Close Bracket or Control RightShift Command Close Bracket or Control RightCommand F6 or Alt Command Right and Alt+LeftAlt+LeftAlt+LeftAlt+LeftAlt+Left or Ctrl+X, PAlt+LeftCtrl+Page UpCtrl+Shift+F6, Ctrl+Alt+Right or Ctrl+Page UpShift Command Open Bracket or Control LeftShift Command Open Bracket or Control LeftShift Command F6 or Alt Command Left keyboard shortcuts.
- Click the currently displayed tab, and choose the next tab to display.
Toggling between views means showing ascending or descending hierarchy (callee vs. caller methods, parent vs. children classes etc.)
- Click to show caller methods.
- Click to show callee methods.