The JetBrains License Server is designed to support a floating license model and to help corporate users perform license administration across a single network.
Major Features and Benefits:
- Stores multiple license keys on a single (server) machine.
- Provides clients with access to the software on an "as needed" basis. Access to a specific product is restricted to the number of product license keys stored by the license server
- Enables monitoring of the software usage by providing user info, product info and usage time via log files
- Eliminates license administration issues such as identifying license location, distributing licenses between multiple machines, and transferring licenses between users
- Cross-platform compatible
- Easy to set up and use
- Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)/Java SE Development Kit (JDK) v.5 or later, and one of the following
- Windows® (2000, NT 4.0 or higher, XP), or
- Linux/UNIX-based OS, or
- Macintosh OSX™
- Apache Tomcat 6.0
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or Mozilla Firefox 2.0 for accessing the License Server control panel
- IntelliJ IDEA v. 7.0 or higher (Commercial Licenses).
- ReSharper v. 3.1 or higher (Commercial Licenses for all editions)
- dotTrace v. 3.1 or higher (Floating Licenses only)
- RubyMine v. 1.0 or higher (Commercial Licenses only)
You can have earlier versions of the above products or use other license types on your network, but you cannot manage them using License Server
The License Server is available to customers of IntelliJ IDEA and/or ReSharper who own or purchase 20+ Commercial Licenses. Also, the License Server is provided as part of dotTrace Floating License purchases.
If you are interested in obtaining the a License Server, please contact us.