Remote Profiling using dotTrace
In this short demo our technical evagelist Maarten Balliauw introduces remote profiling using dotTrace and how to attach the dotTrace profiler to a remote server.
Working with Profiling Results in dotTrace Performance
In this screencast, Hadi Hariri shows how to read performance snapshot that represent results of your profiling session. He explains different snapshot views, how you can navigate between relevant function calls represented in a snapshot, and what you can do to find lagging functions as fast as possible. Hadi also covers techniques such as opening call stacks in separate tabs and comparing different performance snapshots of an application.
Profiling .NET Applications with dotTrace Performance
In this screencast, Hadi Hariri shows how you can use dotTrace Performance to take performance snapshots of different types of .NET applications in different scenarios. He's covering local and remote profiling, available techniques and meter kinds that can be used in a profiling session, profiling unit tests from within Visual Studio, and other things that you'd want to know to profile applications efficiently.
What's New in dotTrace 5 Performance
Haid Hariri speaks about new and improved functionality in dotTrace 5 Performance, the JetBrains performance profiler for .NET applications. He covers improved remote profiling, the long-awaited opportunity to attach to running processes, integrated decompiler for quick code preview, and support for IIS Express, among other things.
What's New in dotTrace 4.5 Performance
In this video, Hadi Hariri shows what's new in dotTrace 4.5 Performance, including better tree representation, improved simulation of performance improvements, and extracting all public methods to a new tab.
View all dotTrace videos on JetBrains TV.
- dotTrace 5 Performance Online Help The ultimate source of dotTrace Performance documentation including core concepts, task-specific procedures, and UI reference.
- dotTrace 3.5 Memory Help Official dotTrace 3.5 Memory help as a CHM file (also available from the Help menu of the product.)
- Getting Started with dotTrace Performance (2.99 Mb) The why's and how's of performance profiling using dotTrace Performance
- dotTrace Performance Default Keymap (46 Kb) Default keyboard shortcuts for performance profiling used in dotTrace 4.5 Performance and dotTrace 5 Performance
- Benefits of dotTrace Performance Some of the reasons why dotTrace Performance is a .NET profiler of choice for thousands of JetBrains customers
- dotTrace 5 Performance vs. dotTrace 3.1 Comparing dotTrace 5 Performance with performance profiling features of dotTrace 3.1
- dotTrace 5 Performance vs. dotTrace 4.x Performance Comparing dotTrace 4 Performance to the previous major version of the performance profiler
- dotTrace Performance Editions Comparing two editions of dotTrace Performance, Standard and Professional
- dotTrace 3.1 Default Keymap (14 Kb) Default keyboard shortcuts for performance and memory profiling used in dotTrace 3.1
- dotTrace Performance Data Sheet (68 Kb) Key facts and features of dotTrace 5 Performance
- JetBrains .NET Tools Brochure (2 Mb) Quick overview of .NET developer tools by JetBrains