In this screencast we will have a look at the subsystems feature in dotTrace Performance. The first time you profile an application and capture a snapshot, the amount of information displayed can be overwhelming. Where to start? Should I inspect all threads? All calls? Do we need all these details to get a sense of where to look for issues? Well, you will need these details over time but a good place to start is by examining subsystems. And that's what we will be doing in this screencast! For more informations and examples, check our website and tutorial. http://www.jetbrains.com/dottrace http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/NETCOM/Using+Subsystems+in+dotTr...
In this screencast, we'll explore navigating through a snapshot.
In this short demo our technical evagelist Maarten Balliauw introduces remote profiling using dotTrace and how to attach the dotTrace profiler to a remote server.
In this screencast, Hadi Hariri shows how to read performance snapshot that represent results of your profiling session. He explains different snapshot views, how you can navigate between relevant function calls represented in a snapshot, and what you can do to find lagging functions as fast as possible. Hadi also covers techniques such as opening call stacks in separate tabs and comparing different performance snapshots of an application.
View all dotTrace videos on JetBrains TV.
- dotTrace 5.5 Performance Online Help The ultimate source of dotTrace Performance documentation including core concepts, task-specific procedures, and UI reference.
- dotTrace 3.5 Memory Help Official dotTrace 3.5 Memory help as a CHM file (also available from the Help menu of the product.)
- Getting Started with dotTrace Performance A quick start guide to performance profiling using dotTrace Performance
- dotTrace Performance Manual The why's and how's of performance profiling using dotTrace Performance
- dotTrace Performance 5.5 Keymap (27 Kb) Default keyboard shortcuts for use with dotTrace Performance 5.5
- dotTrace Performance Default Keymap (46 Kb) Default keyboard shortcuts for performance profiling used in dotTrace 4.5 Performance and dotTrace 5 Performance
- dotTrace Performance FAQ Frequently asked questions about dotTrace Performance
- Benefits of dotTrace Performance Some of the reasons why dotTrace Performance is a .NET profiler of choice for thousands of JetBrains customers
- dotTrace 5 Performance vs. dotTrace 3.1 Comparing dotTrace 5 Performance with performance profiling features of dotTrace 3.1
- dotTrace 5 Performance vs. dotTrace 4.x Performance Comparing dotTrace 4 Performance to the previous major version of the performance profiler
- dotTrace Performance Editions Comparing two editions of dotTrace Performance, Standard and Professional
- dotTrace 3.1 Default Keymap (14 Kb) Default keyboard shortcuts for performance and memory profiling used in dotTrace 3.1
- dotTrace Performance Data Sheet (68 Kb) Key facts and features of dotTrace 5 Performance
- JetBrains .NET Tools Brochure (5 Mb) Quick overview of .NET developer tools by JetBrains