The Call Tree view is a representation of all function calls in all threads. Each top-level node represents a top-level function which was executed by a certain thread. Each node corresponds to a function call and contains metrics gathered during profiling.
This view lets you:
- Quickly get down to actual application activity.
- Look through the execution path of the process or a function.
- Find and examine critical paths.
- For each function call, view the percentage relative to total running time of all threads.
To open the Call Tree view:
- Click on the corresponding icon on the left panel.
The view appearance depends on the current filter settings.
Each node of the Call Tree view contains the following information:
- The percentage of time spent in this call relative to time spent in the root function in the current tab.
- Short name of the called function.
- Total time spent in this function and its subtree.
- Number of calls made in this call stack.
- Full name of the called function.