XBAP combines features of both a Web application and a rich-client application. Such application can be deployed to a Web server and started from Internet Explorer. Despite the complex deployment scheme, using dotTrace Performance you still can profile them.
- Set Internet Explorer as the default browser on your local computer.
- Open a solution in Visual Studio.
- In the Solution Explorer window, right-click the startup project, then click Properties. The Properties window opens.
- Click the Debug tab, then click Start external program. Enter the full path to the PresentationHost.exe file, or click the ellipsis button to open the Select File dialog box and browse to the file.
- On the main menu, click dotTrace | Profile Startup Project.
- Optionally, change the default settings in the Profiler Configuration dialog and click Run.
Your XBAP application will be opened in Internet Explorer and you will be able to collect snapshots.